It’s that time of year again! Time to renew your home with a deep cleaning. It can easily seem overwhelming when you think about everything that needs to be done, but with these easy tips and tricks, your home will be clean in a breeze.
- Make a plan. Making a list of everything you want to do is a great way to organize your cleaning efforts. It also makes it easier to give some tasks to other members of the household. You can make separate kid-friendly lists that break down tasks into smaller ones.
- Throw it out. Donate, sell or throw away anything you don’t need. There is no need to keep useless clutter around.
- Beauty Sleep. Wash your linens — including dust ruffles. Vacuum the box springs and rotate and flip the mattresses.
- Cleaning the stove. The kitchen is a top place for messes. Scouring your stovetop can seem like an impossible chore. Soak grates, drip pans and knobs in hot, soapy water and then clean underneath the burners. For stubborn messes on the burners, sprinkle the area with baking soda and then spritz with water. Let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub or scrape away.
- Give your home a thorough dusting. It’s also a great time to replace air conditioner filters and clean air ducts and vents.
- Don’t forget grout. Just like your carpets need some special attention, grout, stone and tile can collect dirt and germs that can be tough to clean.
- Sanitize the sink. Use a disinfectant to clean the bacteria from your sink. If you have a stainless steel sink, buff with a small amount of mineral oil after sanitizing.
- Clean your carpets and upholstery. For a deep cleaning, hiring help can be a great time-saving option. Chem-Dry can help you tackle your spring cleaning list!